Friday, July 15, 2011

Making a Deal

As the days tick down on the American debt default, a deal must be made quickly. A deal is necessary by Monday. If not, we can't get the bill through Congress. This is no laughing matter. There is not s single American that can afford a default. A default would destroy us and we could never be the same.

As important programs keep getting thrown on the table, we still come no closer to a deal. Each day we negotiate, we see no real progress. One side just tends to walk out. I, for one, tend to be very hopeful. A deal will be made and a bill will be passed. This issue will be dealt with, as both sides know it must.

While I do not know how the deal will turn out, when the deal is finally made. I do know, that somehow, someway a deal will be made. The staked are too high to play roulette with our economy. Just as recovery is slowing, we can't put out another hurdle to recovery. Taxes, must be part of a real deal. We will cut loophole for the good of the people, and programs will necessarily be cut. I hope we can find a "fair deal" as Bernie Sanders is pushing for. I want a resolution, but I will not support a deal that is unfair for the American people, and I hope none of you will either.

No comments:

Post a Comment